Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dec 2: Flight to Manila

Victoria International Airport Boarding Area
I am going back to Manila this December for the wedding of my nephew. The interesting thing about him is he is the first born who is a son, of a first born who is a son (my brother) of a first born who is a son (my father), of a first born who is a son (grandfather). There has to be something significant about that.


I took the day off from work and had a good day. It began with mass and some chores. Had lunch with my wife and then I picked up my children from their work and university so we can have a merienda/dinner before I leave.

On the way to Vancouver, the flight was uneventful except that it was 3 degrees. The plane felt like I was on a massage chair because it was a propeller plane and it vibrated a lot. In any case, it was a 13 minute flight so it was not that comfortable. I also got free massage on the way.

Nothing much to say. I am in Vancouver now waiting for the boarding call. The plane has arrived so hopefully, no delays. PAL has an interesting practice for those connecting from other cities. They ask you to check in at the counter to replace your boarding pass. At first, I thought what a weird practice then I see that this is their way to ensure that your baggage are transferred to the plane. So this additional step is not useless process but good service.

I'm not expecting much from this trip. I am alone and will only be in Manila for 5 days. What I do hope is I will be able to get some rest from work and also be able to organize my thoughts on certain things. Hopefully, these will be clearer as days go by.

Time to start reading and doing some more productive stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment