Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dec 9: God In Our Midst

Our Lady of Lourdes, Pray for me

It was time to go home. Did I accomplish what I wanted? Yes. I attended my nephew's wedding. I visited my mom and saw she is happy where she is and I had time to pray and discern the Lord's face.


As I go back, I thank the Lord for this opportunity to settle some things and see his hand move in the events in my life. Things will still be the same when I go back, but this time, I know the Lord is with me. One thing I realize is God is with me whatever happens. Surprisingly, he is in my life, even in my sinfulness. He can use these things for his purpose.

Last visit to the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament
I have also learned to trust in his Blessed Mother. This stay in Manila, close to the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes has pointed me back to the importance of Mary in my life. The visits to the Blessed Sacrament were exceptional.

On the fight home
Whatever difficulties one has, there may not be any explanations on why these happen. But the important thing is God is in the midst of all these. He will walk with us through difficulties.

This is shown in the typhoon that struck the Philippines. It was predicted as a super typhoon but I believe, through the prayers of the people, God intervened and as it hit the country, it weakened. True, there was still destruction in its path, but it was not as bad as predicted.

God is the Lord of nature and he moves in our lives. He intervenes in the storms in our lives and he hears. He does not abandon his people but he is with them through all difficulties. This is one thing I need to learn: To trust in the Lord and to see all things in him.

Some comments on the Philippines as I see it. It looks like the country is slowly getting out of its rut. The corrupt are being prosecuted. There is also an appreciation of science (FINALLY)! There is a sense of pride and even audacity to dream big. Companies seem more professional, although they have a lot ways to go in terms of customer service. I was watching a show on Gawad Kalinga. That organization has done a lot of good for the country. They come into a slum area and transform it into a community that is self-sustaining. I am really impressed. If there is one organization to support, it is Gawad Kalinga, your money goes a long way.

Philippine Airlines flight was on time. The airport is finally working. The washroom can be cleaner though.

The flight was uneventful and I arrived home safely. Praise God for his protection, of my trip and of my family. May I be able to go back to that beautiful land of my birth, the land of his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment