Friday, December 5, 2014

Dec 5: One Thing Jesus Cannot Do

Our Lady of Lourdes


The usual routine in the morning, mass at the National Shrine of our Lady of Lourdes. This time, my mom came with me. It is a short 1 block walk so she was able to manage. I also noticed that this time, the statue of our Lady was also at the top of altar. With a super typhoon on its way, there was a prayer after mass asking the Lord's intervention. One of the best trait of the Filipino is his faith in God. He knows who can save him.

After the mass, there was a novena to the Sacred Heart being a first Friday.


It has been a long time since I heard these songs, "Heart of Jesus Meek and Mild", "O Sacred Heart, O Love Divine". These were the songs that touched my heart as I was journeying back to the Lord.

Declaration as a Pilgrim Church
I also learned there is one thing Jesus cannot do, to turn away from those who humbly seek him. Imagine that! There is something he cannot do and that is because of his immense love for each and every one of us.

After the novena, of course, visit to the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. I love their adoration chapel. As we came out, there were children lined up for their first communion. O Lord, bless those children.

I also noticed that the Shrine was one of the many where one can make a pilgrimage and obtain plenary indulgence during the year of Faith in 2012. I guess I came 2 years late. But in any case, I still consider this as a pilgrimage.

What else? Breakfast at Jollibee
After church, we went to Jollibee. Imagine, P260+ for 3 combos. That's not even $7 dollars to feed 3 people. We went home and rested.

Lunch time we went to my sister's place. We had lunch there. In the afternoon, I went to Chinatown for some unfinished business and then dropped off some stuff for my in-laws.

Then back to my sister to get a haircut. P40 for one haircut. The one I get at my in-laws was P25. I guess when you cross to another city, the rates go up.

After dinner, it is back to my mom's place to sleep. A day well spent. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment