Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dec 6: Four Sacraments in a Day

Dawn from the building
A super typhoon is headed to the country. It looked like a big one. Prayers were said again and it looks like the Lord heard. Thankfully, it was downgraded to just a typhoon. The picture shows the dawn shot from where I am staying.



What would you expect from the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes? Prayers for healing of course. The day began with mass. I saw their announcement the day before that there was healing mass every Saturdays so I decided I would attend it.

The interesting thing is that I arrived before 7:30 am and people were processing around the church praying the rosary. As soon as they finished praying the rosary, the altar servers were right before the altar, ready to go up the altar for the mass. It was a well timed procession.

During the mass, the priest allowed his sister to testify about her life and the healing she received from the Lord. (I will not comment whether this is liturgically acceptable or not). The lady worked in the Canadian embassy and was assigned to Manila. She had a tumor in her head and she went to several hospitals in Metro Manila to get second opinions and they all confirmed. Doctors gave her 6 months to live and that was I think in the last decade.

She went back to Canada and they did some tests. During that time, she was being prayed over by her brother through our Lady. She had a conversion and after a month of testing, the doctors gave her a clean bill of health. It was an inspiring story.


At the end of mass, they administered the sacrament of the anointing of the sick. My mother went up to have herself anointed. I noticed that there was also confession going on so I went to confession. After confession, there was still a line for people who want to receive the sacrament of the anointing of the sick so I lined up to ask for healing of my knee. I realized I received 3 sacraments in one morning. What a way to start the morning.

Our Lady of the Rosary
At 3pm, we went to Sto Domingo Church because my nephew was getting married. The first Yuson nephew in his generation to get married. The church is huge. It has the statue of our Lady of the Rosary.

The celebration was quite solemn. The priest gave an excellent homily. After the mass, we went to the reception.

It was a Chinese lauriat. I missed the lauriat and now, I get to experience one since literally "the last century".

The party finished before 9:00 pm and we arrived home at 9pm.

May the Lord bless the new couple as they grow in love with the Lord. What can I say about this day. I witnessed or experienced the 4 of the 7 sacraments. What a great day it is.

Sto Domingo Church

No comments:

Post a Comment